Complete Medium Kit With Serum and CultureBoost-R™ (4Z0-500-R) - Cell Systems
Complete Medium Kit With Serum and CultureBoost-R™
Medium is formulated with 10% serum. Kit consists of 500mL Cell Systems Medium (4Z0-500-R), 10mL CultureBoost-R™(containing human recombinant growth factors) and 10mL Attachment Factor™ (extracellular matrix reagent for coating flasks). This becomes a complete medium once activated with the included CultureBoost-R™ supplement. 4Z0-500-R is Certified and intended for experimental application. Cell Systems media and reagents are sterile, made with WFI and all components are cGMP and ISO Compliant.
Available in one 500 mL container.
Certified for use with more than 100 human and animal cell cultures and cell lines including:
All ACBRI and CSC Primary Cells
Bone Marrow Cells (CFU-F and Erythroid Burst Cultures)
Connective Tissue Cells
Dermal Fibroblast Cells
Endothelial Cells (Aortic, Arterial, Coronary Artery, Vascular and Venous)
Fetal Lung Cells
Embryonic and Adult Stem Cells
Glomerular Mesangial Cells
Immortalized / Tumor-derived Mesenchymal Cells
Microvascular Cells (Cerebral, Coronary, Dermal, Glomerular, Liver, Lung and Retinal)
Smooth Muscle Cells
Tumor Neovascular Cells
Bovine and Porcine large vessel and microvessel Endothelial Cells
Characteristics of Cell Systems Serum-Containing Medium
Medium contains no added hormones.
Medium contains no antibiotics; however, Bac-Off® (Cat. #4Z0-643), is the recommended antibiotic for all Cell Systems medium. Bac-Off® is used at or above the 2µg/mL MIC of aerobic Gram-positive and Gram-negative microorganisms. (See Bac-Off® certificate.)
Medium contains no phenol red. Phenol red in cell culture medium binds to receptors on cell surfaces and causes the cell to respond as though pharmacologic levels of estrogen and/or inflammatory mediators (such as prostaglandin or thromboxane A2) are present in the medium. We exclude this unnecessary additive in order to optimize experimental conditions for researchers.
Cell Systems Medium is shipped at ambient temperature. If the entire unit will not be used within 30 days, supplement the medium with CultureBoost-R™, then aliquot and freeze in smaller units which will be used within 30 days. Otherwise, immediately refrigerate the medium and supplement. Once the unit is supplemented, or any component of the medium kit is opened, the shelf life is 30 days at refrigerated (4 - 8°C) temperatures.
Use with Attachment Factor™
For best results, use Cell Systems Medium in conjunction with cell culture vessels coated with Attachment Factor™ extracellular matrix reagent. See the Attachment Factor™ protocol.
- "Therapeutic Effect of Novel Single-Stranded RNAi Agent Targeting Periostin in Eyes with Retinal Neovascularization" Nakama et al. Molecular Theraphy - Nucleic Acids, 2017
- "Mature induced-pluripotent-stem-cell-derived human podocytes reconstitute kidney glomerular-capillary-wall function on a chip" Musah et al. Nature and Biological Engineering, 2017
- "The Novel Methods for Analysis of Exosomes Released from Endothelial Cells and Endothelial Progenitor Cells" Wang et al. Stem Cells International, 2016
- "Tenascin-C promotes angiogenesis in fibrovascular membranes in eyes with proliferative diabetic retinopathy" Kobayashi et al. Molecular Vision, 2016.
- "Enhanced anticancer properties of lomustine in conjunction with docosahexaenoic acid in glioblastoma cell lines" Harvey et al. Journal of Neurosurgery, 2015.
- "Endothelial TWIST1 Promotes Pathological Ocular Angiogenesis" Li et al. IOVS, 2014
- "Arhgef15 Promotes Retinal Angiogenesis by Mediating VEGF-Induced Cdc42 Activation and Potentiating RhoJ Inactivation in Endothelial Cells" Kusuhara et al. PLoS One, 2012