Cell Systems⎢PRG-1 dPBS-EDTA Solution (4Z0-610)
PRG-1 (dPBS-EDTA Solution 1X), 100ml
The Passage Reagent Group™ (PRG) is a matched set of CSC Certified™ reagents for releasing cells from culture for subculture or freezing. The PRG contains three parts: PRG-1 (EDTA -dPBS Solution), PRG-2 (Trypsin/EDTA -dPBS Solution) and PRG-3 (Trypsin Inhibitor-dPBS Solution). The chelating agent EDTA in PRG-1 prepares for PRG-2, which contains highly purified trypsin. PRG-3 inactivates the protease in PRG-2 and stabilizes the cell membranes.
Cell membranes are materially and cumulatively damaged whenever cells are exposed to serine proteases, physically manipulated, centrifuged, and/or frozen. Use of the PRG greatly minimizes damage and stress to cells during passage or freezing of cell cultures.
PRG-1 (EDTA -dPBS Solution) prepares the cells for PRG-2 (containing Trypsin) processing.
Instructions for use
Passaging cells with the PRG is as easy as 1-2-3:
1. Thaw the three PRG reagents, and store +4°C. Expiration date refers to frozen storage.
2. Warm PRG-1 and PRG-2 to 37°C. Keep PRG-3 in ice-water bath for triple-point temperature.
3. Remove and discard the culture medium gently add PRG-1 sufficient to completely cover the cells.
4. Remove and discard the PRG-1 and immediately add an equal volume of PRG-2.
5. Return the culture to the incubator until cells round up but have not detached (0.5 to 2 min).
6. Release the cells by sharply rapping the culture vessel.
7. Immediately add a volume of ice-cold PRG-3 equal to the volume of PRG-2 used.
8. Remove fluid down to the cell pellet, leaving about 50-100μl of fluid covering the cells.
9. Loosen the pellet by flicking the tube sharply with a finger. Avoid bubbles.
10. Count the cells now (if desired) and adjust.15. Incubate 37°C, 5% CO2, 100% humidity. Feed according to the Cell Systems Media Kit instructions.
11. Resuspend the cells in Cell Systems Complete Medium (warmed to 37°C) and seed the new culture. Use of Attachment Factor™ (cat. #4Z0-210) to coat the flask is highly recommended pror to resuspension.
12. Incubate 37°C, 5% CO2, 100% humidity. Feed according to the Cell Systems Media Kit instructions.
Handling and Storage
Store at -20°C. Once opened, shelf life 30 days at +4 - 8°C
Cell Systems media and reagents are made with WFI, all components are cGMP and ISO Compliant, and are classed "Sterile".
- "Optimization of an in vitro human blood–brain barrier model: Application to blood monocyte transmigration assays" (Alexandre Paradis, 2015)
- "S100A4 is upregulated in proliferative diabetic retinopathy and correlates with markers of angiogenesis and fibrogenesis" (Ahmed M. Abu El-Asrar, 2014)
- "Isolation of purified H and L polypeptide chains from guinea-pig gamma-2-immunoglobulin after mild reduction" (Lamm ME, 2014)
- "Optical Recording Reveals Novel Properties of GSK1016790A-Induced Vanilloid Transient Receptor Potential Channel TRPV4 Activity in Primary Human Endothelial Cells" (Michelle N. Sullivan, 2012
- "High-Glucose-Induced Endothelial Cell Injury Is Inhibited by a Peptide Derived from Human Apolipoprotein E." (Partha S. Bhattacharjee, 2012)
- "Soluble aggregates of the amyloid-beta are trapped by serum albumin to enhance amyloid-beta activation of endothelial cells" (Melissa A Moss, 2009)