Complete Classic Medium With Serum and CultureBoost™ (4Z0-500) - Cell Systems
Complete Classic Medium Kit With Serum and CultureBoost™
Our best-selling medium is optimized for use in experimental cell cultures. This medium is formulated with 10% serum. Kit consists of 500mL Cell Systems Medium, 10mL CultureBoost™ (containing animal derived growth factors) and 10mL Attachment Factor™ (extracellular matrix reagent for coating flasks). This becomes a complete medium once activated with the included CultureBoost™ supplement. 4Z0-500 is Certified and intended for experimental application. Cell Systems media and reagents are Sterile, made with WFI and all components are cGMP and ISO Compliant.
Available in one 500 mL container.
Certified for use with more than 100 human and animal cell cultures and cell lines including:
All ACBRI and CSC Primary Cells
Bone Marrow Cells (CFU-F and Erythroid Burst Cultures)
Connective Tissue Cells
Dermal Fibroblast Cells
Endothelial Cells (Aortic, Arterial, Coronary Artery, Vascular and Venous)
Fetal Lung Cells
Embryonic and Adult Stem Cells
Glomerular Mesangial Cells
Immortalized / Tumor-derived Mesenchymal Cells
Microvascular Cells (Cerebral, Coronary, Dermal, Glomerular, Liver, Lung and Retinal)
Smooth Muscle Cells
Tumor Neovascular Cells
Bovine and Porcine large vessel and microvessel Endothelial Cells
Characteristics of Cell Systems Serum-Containing Medium:
Medium contains no added hormones.
Medium contains no antibiotics; however, Bac-Off® (Cat. #4Z0-643), is the recommended antibiotic for all Cell Systems media. Bac-Off® is used at or above the 2µg/mL MIC of aerobic Gram-positive and Gram-negative microorganisms.
Medium contains no phenol red. Phenol red in cell culture medium binds to receptors on cell surfaces and causes the cell to respond as though pharmacologic levels of estrogen and/or inflammatory mediators (such as prostaglandin or thromboxane A2) are present in the medium. We exclude this unnecessary additive in order to optimize experimental conditions for researchers.
Cell Systems Medium is shipped at ambient temperature. If the entire unit will not be used within 30 days, supplement the medium with CultureBoost™, then aliquot and freeze in smaller units which will be used within 30 days. Otherwise, immediately refrigerate the medium and supplement. Once the unit is supplemented, or any component of the medium kit is opened, the shelf life is 30 days at refrigerated (4 - 8°C) temperatures.
Use with Attachment Factor™
For best results, use Cell Systems Medium in conjunction with cell culture vessels coated with Attachment Factor™ extracellular matrix reagent. See the Attachment Factor™ protocol.
"Improvement in diabetic retinopathy through protection against retinal apoptosis in spontaneously diabetic Torii rats mediated by ethanol extract of Osteomeles schwerinae C.K. Schneid" Kim, Kim, Kim, et al. Nutrients, 2019
"Tangential flow filtration for highly efficient concentration of extracellular vesicles from large volumes of fluid" Busatto and Vilanilam et al. Cells, 2018
"Barrier properties and transcriptome expression in human iPSC‐derived models of the blood–brain barrier" Delsing et al. Stem Cells, 2018
"Tigecycline as a dual inhibitor of retinoblastoma and angiogenesis via inducing mitochondrial dysfunctions and oxidative damage" Xiong et al. Scientific Reports, 2018
- "Reactive astrocytic S1P3 signaling modulates the blood–tumor barrier in brain metastases" Gril and Paranjape, et al. Nature Communications, 2018
- "Long noncoding RNA MALAT1 inhibits apoptosis induced by oxygen-glucose deprivation and reoxygenation in human brain microvascular endothelial cells" Yin et al. Experimental and Therapeutic Medicine, 2017
- "Tetrahydroxy stilbene glucoside ameliorates H2O2-induced human brain microvascular endothelial cell dysfunction in vitro by inhibiting oxidative stress and inflammatory responses" Jiang et al. Molecular Medicine Reports, 2017
- "MicroRNA‐containing extracellular vesicles released from endothelial colony‐forming cells modulate angiogenesis during ischaemic retinopathy" Dellett et al. Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, 2017
- "Homonoia riparia and its major component, myricitrin, inhibit high glucose-induced apoptosis of human retinal pericytes" Pyun et al. Integrative Medicine Research, 2017
- "MnTBAP or catalase Is more protective against oxidative stress in human retinal endothelial cells exposed to Intermittent hypoxia than their co-administration" Quan et al. Reactive Oxygen Species, 2017
- "Effect of endoplasmic reticulum stress mediated by hyperglycemia on barrier function in retinal cells" Saif (Dissertation) 2016
- "Neuropilin-1 modulates interferon-γ-stimulated signaling in brain microvascular endothelial cells" Wang et al. Journal of Cell Science, 2016
- "Fenofibrate inhibits cytochrome P450 epoxygenase 2C activity to suppress pathological ocular angiogenesis" Gong et al. EBioMedicine, 2016
- "Different regulation of p53 expression by cadmium exposure in kidney, liver, intestine, vasculature, and brain astrocytes" Lee et al. Toxicological Research, 2016.
- "Shiga toxin mediated neurologic changes in murine model of disease" Pradhan et al. Frontiers in Cellular and Infection Microbiology, 2016
- "Optimization of an in vitro human blood–brain barrier model: Application to blood monocyte transmigration assays" Paradis et al. MethodsX, 2016
- "Distinct contributions of astrocytes and pericytes to neuroinflammation identified in a 3D human blood-brain barrier on a chip" Herland et al. PLoS One, 2016.
- "miR-146a attenuates inflammatory pathways mediated by TLR4/NF-κB and TNFα to protect primary human retinal microvascular endothelial cells grown in high glucose" Ye and Steinle, Mediators of Inflammation, 2016.
- "The regulatory role of hepatoma-derived growth factor as an angiogenic factor in the eye" LeBlanc et al. Molecular Vision, 2016.
- "Primary human liver co-culture with flow and Kupffer cell integration on microfluidic liver-on-a-chip" Mazur et al. (Dissertation thesis) 2015
- "Slit2 signaling through Robo1 and Robo2 is required for retinal neovascularization" Rama et al. Nature Medicine, 2015
- "Aflibercept traps Galectin-1, an angiogenic factor associated with diabetic retinopathy" Kanda et al. Scientific Reports, 2015
- "Heregulin-HER3-HER2 signaling promotes matrix metalloproteinase-dependent blood-brain-barrier transendothelial migration of human breast cancer cell lines" Momed et al. Oncotarget, 2015.
- "Cancer-associated fibroblast promote transmigration through endothelial brain cells in three-dimensional in vitro models". Choi et al. Cancer Cell Biology, 2014
- "Chemokine receptor CXCR7 is a functional receptor for CXCL12 in brain endothelial cells" Liu et al. PLoS One, 2014
- "West Nile virus-induced cell adhesion molecules on human brain microvascular endothelial cells regulate leukocyte adhesion and modulate permeability of the in vitro blood-brain barrier model" Roe et al. PLoS One, 2014
- "A systems biology analysis of brain microvascular endothelial cell lipotoxicity" Aung et al. BMC Systems Biology, 2014
- "Endothelial TWIST1 promotes pathological ocular angiogenesis" Li et al. IOVS, 2014
- "Gas6 stimulates angiogenesis of human retinal endothelial cells and of zebrafish embryos via ERK1/2 signaling" Kim et al. PLoS One, 2014
- "Differential expression and role of hyperglycemia induced oxidative stress in epigenetic regulation of β1, β2 and β3-adrenergic receptors in retinal endothelial cells" Safi et al. BMC Medical Genomics, 2014
- "Adenosine kinase inhibition protects the kidney against streptozotocin-induced diabetes through anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant mechanisms" Pye et al. Pharmacological Research, 2014
- "Pericyte regulation of vascular remodeling through the CXC receptor 3" Bodnar et al. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol, 2013
- "Inhibition of EGF signaling protects the diabetic retina from insulin-induced vascular leakage" Sugimoto et al. Am J Pathology, 2013
- "Rk1, a ginsenoside, is a new blocker of vascular leakage acting through actin structure remodeling" Maeng et al. PLoS One, 2013
- "Alterations of retinal vasculature in cystathionine-beta-synthase mutant mice, a model of hyperhomocysteinemia" Tawfik et al. IOVS, 2013
- "Adenoviral E4 gene stimulates secretion of pigmental epithelium derived factor (PEDF) that maintains long-term survival of human glomerulus-derived endothelial cells" Jerebtsova et al. Molecular & Cellular Proteomics, 2012
- "High-glucose-induced endothelial cell injury is inhibited by a peptide derived from human apolipoprotein E" Bhattacharjee et al. PLoS One, 2012
- "Soluble amyloid precursor protein 770 Is released from inflamed endothelial cells and activated platelets" Kitazume et al. J Biological Chemistry, 2012
- "Optical recording reveals novel properties of GSK1016790A-induced vanilloid transient receptor potential channel TRPV4 activity in primary human endothelial cells" Sullivan et al. Molecular Pharmacology, 2012