Cell Systems⎢Complete Classic Medium With Serum and CultureBoost™ (4Z0-500)
Complete Classic Medium Kit With Serum and CultureBoost™
Our best-selling medium is optimized for experimental use in cell cultures. This medium is formulated with 10% serum. Kit consists of 500mL Cell Systems Medium, 10mL CultureBoost™ (containing animal derived growth factors) and 10mL Attachment Factor™. This becomes a complete medium once activated with the included CultureBoost™ supplement. 4Z0-500 is Certified and intended for experimental application. Cell Systems media and reagents are Sterile, made with WFI and all components are cGMP and ISO Compliant.
Available in one 500 mL container.
Certified for use with more than 100 human and animal cell cultures and cell lines including these ACBRI Certified cells:
Bone Marrow Cells (CFU-F and Erythroid Burst Cultures)
Connective Tissue Cells
Dermal Fibroblast Cells
Endothelial Cells (Aortic, Arterial, Coronary Artery, Vascular and Venous)
Fetal Lung Cells
Embryonic and Adult Stem Cells
Glomerular Mesangial Cells
Immortalized / Tumor-derived Mesenchymal Cells
Microvascular Cells (Cerebral, Coronary, Dermal, Glomerular, Liver, Lung and Retinal)
Smooth Muscle Cells
Tumor Neovascular Cells
Bovine and Porcine large vessel and micro vessel Endothelial Cells
Characteristics of Cell Systems Serum-Containing Medium
Medium contains no added hormones.
Medium contains no antibiotics; however, Bac-Off® (Cat. #4Z0-643), is the recommended antibiotic for all Cell Systems medium. Bac-Off® is at or above the [2ng/mL] MIC of aerobic gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms. (See Bac-Off® certificate.)
Medium contains no phenol red. Phenol red in cell culture medium binds to receptors on cell surfaces and causes the cell to respond as though pharmacologic levels of estrogen and/or inflammatory mediators (such as prostaglandin or thromboxane A2) are present in the medium. It is difficult to understand how a realistic baseline can be ascertained under these conditions. The side-effects of phenol red can be avoided very simply: leave it out. The presence of phenol red is unnecessary and potentially catastrophic to experimentation.
Cell Systems Serum containing Medium is shipped at ambient temperature. If the entire unit will not be used within 30 days, activate the medium with the enclosed supplement then aliquot and freeze in smaller units which will be used within 30 days.
If the full 500mL medium unit will be used within 30 days, immediately refrigerate the medium and supplements. Once the unit is activated, or any component of the medium kit is opened, the shelf life is 30 days at refrigerated (4 - 8°C) temperatures.
- "Different Regulation of p53 Expression by Cadmium Exposure in Kidney, Liver, Intestine, Vasculature, and Brain Astrocytes" (Jin-Yong Lee, 2016)
- "Distinct Contributions of Astrocytes and Pericytes to Neuroinflammation Identified in a 3D Human Blood-Brain Barrier on a Chip" (Anna Herland, 2016)
- "miR-146a Attenuates Inflammatory Pathways Mediated by TLR4/NF-κB and TNFα to Protect Primary Human Retinal Microvascular Endothelial Cells Grown in High Glucose" (Jena J. Steinle, 2016)
- "The regulatory role of hepatoma-derived growth factor as an angiogenic factor in the eye" (Michelle E. LeBlanc, 2016)
- "Heregulin-HER3-HER2 signaling promotes matrix metalloproteinase-dependent blood-brain-barrier transendothelial migration of human breast cancer cell lines" (Majid Momed, 2015)