Complete Serum-Free Medium Kit With RocketFuel™ (SF-4Z0-500) - Cell Systems
Complete Serum-Free Medium Kit With RocketFuel™
Kit consists of 500mL SF-4Z0-500 Serum-Free Medium, 8mL vial of RocketFuel™ (containing animal derived growth factors), and 10mL vial of Attachment Factor™ (extracellular matrix reagent for coating flasks). This becomes a complete medium once activated with the included RocketFuel™ supplement. This yields a chemically defined complete medium which does not require the addition of bovine serum. SF-4Z0-500 is Certified and intended for experimental application. Cell Systems media and reagents are sterile, made with WFI and all components are cGMP and ISO Compliant.
This medium is recommended for use with a stable proliferating culture when Serum-Free conditions are required for experimentation. For thawing and plating of cryopreserved cells, we recommend Media With Serum.
Certified for use with more than 100 human and animal cell cultures and cell lines including:
All ACBRI and CSC Primary Cells
Bone Marrow Cells (CFU-F and Erythroid Burst Cultures)
Connective Tissue Cells
Endothelial Cells ( Aortic, Arterial, Coronary Artery, Vascular and Venous)
Fetal Lung Cells
Embryonic and Adult Stem Cells
Glomerular Mesangial Cells
Immortalized / Tumor-derived Mesenchymal Cells
Microvascular Cells (Cerebral, Coronary, Dermal, Glomerular, Liver, Lung and Retinal)
Smooth Muscle Cells
Tumor Neovascular Cells
Bovine and Porcine large vessel and microvessel Endothelial Cells
Characteristics of Cell Systems Serum-Free Medium:
Medium contains no added hormones.
Medium contains no antibiotics; however, Bac-Off® (Cat. #4Z0-643), is the recommended antibiotic for all Cell Systems media. Bac-Off® is used at or above the 2µg/mL MIC of aerobic Gram-positive and Gram-negative microorganisms.
Addition of Bovine Serum is not necessary. Cell Systems Serum-Free Medium is a chemically defined, complete medium which does not contain bovine-derived components. Please note that RocketFuel™ does contain bovine-derived growth factors. For a bovine-free supplement, see RocketFuel-R™. Human serum albumin and other components of human origin are specified by the formulation.
Medium Storage. Cell Systems Medium is shipped at ambient temperature. If the entire unit will not be used within 30 days, supplement the medium with RocketFuel™, then aliquot and freeze in smaller units which will be used within 30 days. Otherwise, immediately refrigerate the medium and supplement. Once the unit is supplemented, or any component of the medium kit is opened, the shelf life is 30 days at refrigerated (2 - 8°C) temperatures.
Use with Attachment Factor™
For best results, use Cell Systems Medium in conjunction with cell culture vessels coated with Attachment Factor™ extracellular matrix reagent. See the Attachment Factor™ protocol.
- "Galectin‐1 studies in proliferative diabetic retinopathy" Abu El-Esrar et al, Acta Ophthalmologica, 2019.
- "Tigecycline as a dual inhibitor of retinoblastoma and angiogenesis via inducing mitochondrial dysfunctions and oxidative damage" Xiong et al. Scientific Reports, 2018.
- "Association of HMGB1 with oxidative stress markers and regulators in PDR" Abu El-Asrar and Alam et al. Molecular Vision, 2017.
- "Contacting co-culture of human retinal microvascular endothelial cells alters barrier function of human embryonic stem cell derived retinal pigment epithelial cells" Skottman et al, Experimental Cell Research, 2017.
- "Arg-Gly-Asp (RGD)-Modified E1A/E1B Double Mutant Adenovirus Enhances Antitumor Activity in Prostate Cancer Cells In Vitro and in Mice" Shen et al PLoS One, 2016.
- "Optimization of an in vitro human blood–brain barrier model: Application to blood monocyte transmigration assays" Paradis et al. MethodsX, 2015.
- "The combined role of galactose-deficient IgA1and streptococcal IgA-binding M protein in inducing IL-6 and C3 secretion from human mesangial cells: implications for IgA nephropathy" Schmitt et al. J Immunology, 2014.
- "Ascorbic acid prevents high glucose-induced apoptosis in human brain pericytes" May et al BioChem Biophys Research Commun. 2014.
- "S100A4 is upregulated in proliferative diabetic retinopathy and correlates with markers of angiogenesis and fibrogenesis" El-Asrar et al Molecular Vision, 2014.
- "Isolation of purified H and L polypeptide chains from guinea-pig gamma-2-immunoglobulin after mild reduction" Lamm et al, Immunology, 2014.
- "Gas6 stimulates angiogenesis of human retinal endothelial cells and of zebrafish embryos via ERK1/2 signaling" Kim et al. PLoS One, 2014.
- "Synthesis and biological activity of NOSH-naproxen (AVT-219) and NOSH-sulindac (AVT-18A) as potent anti-inflammatory agents with chemotherapeutic potential" Kodela et al, Med Chem Comm. 2013.
- "Alterations of retinal vasculature in cystathionine-beta-synthase mutant mice, a model of hyperhomocysteinemia" Tawflik et al, IOVS, 2013.
- "Prevention of VEGF-induced growth and tube formation in human retinal endothelial cell by aldose reductase inhibition" Yadav et al, Journal of Diabetes, 2012.
- "Localization of dichlorofluorescin in cardiac myocytes: implications for assessment of oxidative stress" Swift and Sarvazyan, Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol, 2011.