Primary Human Glomerular Microvascular Endothelial Cells (ACBRI 128) - Cell Systems
Primary Human Glomerular Microvascular Endothelial Cells (ACBRI 128) were initiated by decapsulated glomeruli isolated from normal human kidney cortical tissue.
ACBRI 128 2 days after plating, plated with Attachment Factor™, fed using CS Complete Medium Kit With Serum and Cultureboost-R™ (4Z0-500-R)
Cell InitiationThese cells were originated using Cell Systems Complete Serum-Free Medium (SF-4Z0-500), and subsequently grown and passaged in Cell Systems Complete Medium (4Z0-500). They are available at Passage 3 [< 12 cumulative population doublings] cryopreserved in Cell Systems Cell Freezing Medium™ (4Z0-705). This vial will initiate a Passage 4 cell culture in a 75cm2 flask.
In addition to cryopreserved vials, these cells also are available in 25cm2 and 75cm2 proliferating cell culture flasks (US domestic market only).
Each vial of cells is shipped with vials of Bac-Off® (antibiotic) and CultureBoost™ (animal derived growth factors) or CultureBoost-R™ (human recombinant growth factors) at no additional cost.
HIV Serologic Test (donor level HIV AB EIA)
|HIV PCR Test (frozen cell pool by CLIA Licensed Clinical Lab)||Negative|
|Hepatitis B (HBV) PCR Test (frozen cells)||Negative|
|Hepatitis C (HCV) PCR Test (frozen cells)||Negative|
|Mycoplasma spp. (frozen cells)||Negative|
|Inducible expression of CD 62E (E-Selectin)||> 90% positive by immunofluorescence|
Cell adhesion protein CD31
|> 95% positive by immunofluorescence|
Cytoplasmic VWF / Factor VIII
|> 95% positive by immunofluorescence|
Cytoplasmic uptake of Di-I-Ac-LDL
> 95% positive by immunofluorescence
- "Directed differentiation of human induced pluripotent stem cells into mature kidney podocytes and establishment of a Glomerulus Chip" Musah et al. Nature Protocols, 2018
- "Brain microvascular endothelial cells exhibit lower activation of the alternative complement pathway than glomerular microvascular endothelial cells" Sartain et al. J Biological Chemistry, 2018
- "Tacrolimus Prevents von Willebrand Factor Secretion by Allostimulated Human Glomerular Endothelium" Beland et al. Am J Transplantation, 2018
- "Mature induced-pluripotent-stem-cell-derived human podocytes reconstitute kidney glomerular-capillary-wall function on a chip" Musah et al. Nature and Biological Engineering, 2017
- "The formation of quiescent glomerular endothelial cell monolayer in vitro is strongly dependent on the choice of extracellular matrix coating" Pajecka et al. Experimental Cell Research, 2017.
- "The human kidney capsule contains a functionally distinct mesenchymal stromal cell population" Leuning et al. PLoS One, 2017.
- "Nitrite Activates 5′AMP-Activated Protein Kinase-Endothelial Nitric Oxide Synthase Pathway in Human Glomerular Endothelial Cells" Miyamoto et al. Biol. & Pharma Bulletin, 2017.
- "Circulating Fibroblast Growth Factor-2, HIV-Tat, and Vascular Endothelial Cell Growth Factor-A in HIV-Infected Children with Renal Disease Activate Rho-A and Src in Cultured Renal Endothelial Cells" Das et al. PLoS One, 2016.
- "TNF Regulates Essential Alternative Complement Pathway Components and Impairs Activation of Protein C in Human GLomerular Endothelial Cells" Sartain et al. J Immunology, 2016.
- "TNF causes changes in glomerular endothelial permeability and morphology through a Rho and myosin light chain kinase-dependent mechanism" Xu et al. Physiological Reports, 2015.
- "Factor VIII Is Synthesized in Human Endothelial Cells, Packaged in Weibel-Palade Bodies and Secreted Bound to ULVWF Strings" Turner and Moake, PLoS One, 2015.
- "Adenosine Kinase Inhibition Protects The Kidney Against Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetes Through Anti-inflammatory and Anti-oxidant Mechanisms" Pye et al. Pharmacological Research, 2014.
- "Adenoviral E4 Gene Stimulates Secretion of Pigmental Epithelium Derived Factor (PEDF) that Maintains Long-term Survival of Human Glomerulus-derived Endothelial Cells" Jerebtsova et al. Molecular & Cellular Proteomics, 2012.
- "Vegfa Protects the Glomerular Microvasculature in Diabetes" Sivaskandarajah et al. Diabetes, 2012.
- "Suppression of Adiponectin by Aberrantly Glycosylated IgA1 in Glomerular Mesangial Cells In Vitro and In Vivo" Inoue et al. PLoS One, 2012.
- "Localization of dichlorofluorescin in cardiac myocytes: implications for assessment of oxidative stress" Swift and Sarvazyan, Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol; 2011.
- "Protective effect of photodegradation product of nifedipine against tumor necrosis factor alpha-induced oxidative stress in human glomerular endothelial cells" Fukuhara et al. J Med Invest, 2011.
- "The Alternatively Spliced Anti-Angiogenic Family of VEGF Isoforms VEGF xxxbin Human Kidney Development" Bevan et al. Nephron Physiology, 2008.
- "Glomerular angiotensinogen protein is enhanced in pediatric IgA nephropathy" Takamatsu et al. Pediatric Nephrology, 2008.
- "Role of fibroblast growth factor-binding protein in the pathogenesis of HIV-associated helolytic uremic syndrome" Ray et al. Am JPhysiology, 2006.
- "Hemolytic uremic syndrome-associated Siga toxins promote endothelial-cell secretion and impair ADAMTS13 cleavage of unusually large von Willebrand factor multimers" Nolasco et al. Blood, 2005.
- "Angopoietin 1 and Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor Modulate Human Glomerular endothelial Cell Barrier Properties" Satchell et al J Am Soc Nephrology, 2003.
Cell Systems cells are available for in vitro research purposes only and may not be transferred out of the direct control of the recipient Institution/Agency/Organization. Cell Systems cells may not be genetically altered in any way without prior written permission from Cell Systems. Use of Cell Systems materials (evidenced by placement of any order for product) constitutes knowledge, understanding and binding acceptance of these restrictions on behalf of the recipient Institution/Agency/Organization.
Cell Systems was created to further the knowledge of eukaryotic cell biology through laboratory research, publications and teaching. Cell Systems provides cells and cell culture products to other research entities - public and private.