Primary Human Venous Endothelial Cells (HUVEC) (CSC 2V0)
Primary Human Umbilical Venous Endothelial Cells (CSC 2V0) are isolated from the umbilical vein.
These cells were originated using Cell Systems Complete Serum-Free Medium (SF-4Z0-500), and subsequently grown and passaged in Cell Systems Complete Medium (4Z0-500). They are available at Passage 3 [< 12 cumulative population doublings] cryopreserved in Cell Systems Cell Freezing Medium™ (4Z0-705). This vial will initiate a Passage 4 cell culture in a 75cm2 flask.
In addition to cryopreserved vials, these cells also are available in 25cm2 and 75cm2 proliferating cell culture flasks (US domestic market only).
Each vial of cells is shipped with vials of Bac-Off® (antibiotic) and CultureBoost™ (animal derived growth factors) or CultureBoost-R™ (human recombinant growth factors) at no additional cost.
These cells are qualified for use with:
HIV Serologic Test (donor level HIV AB EIA)
|HIV PCR Test (frozen cell pool by CLIA Licensed Clinical Lab)||Negative|
|Test of frozen cells for Mycoplasma spp. (ATCC method by CLIA Licensed Clinical Lab)||Negative|
Cytoplasmic VWF / Factor VIII
> 95% positive by immunofluorescence
Cytoplasmic uptake of Di-I-Ac-LDL
> 95% positive by immunofluorescence
- "CCN1/Cyr61-PI3K/AKT signaling promotes retinal neovascularization in oxygen-induced retinopathy" Di et al. Int J Molecular Medicine, 2015.
- "The novel VEGF receptor/MET-targeted kinase inhibitor TAS-115 has marked in vivo antitumor properties and a favorable tolerability profile." Fujita et al. Molecular Cancer Ther, 2013.
- "Nobiletin, a citrus polymethoxyflavonoid, suppresses multiple angiogenesis‐related endothelial cell functions and angiogenesis in vivo" Kunimasa et al. Cancer Science, 2010
- "Insulin-like growth factor binding protein-7 (IGFBP7) blocks vascular endothelial cell growth factor (VEGF)-induced angiogenesis in human vascular endothelial cells" Tamura et al. European J Pharmacology, 2009
- "Alzheimer Disease–Associated Peptide, Amyloid β40, Inhibits Vascular Regeneration With Induction of Endothelial Autophagy" Hayashi et al. Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology, 2009.
- "CCL2/monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 mediates enhanced transmigration of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected leukocytes across the blood-brain barrier: a potential mechanism of HIV-CNS invasion and NeuroAIDS" Eugenin et al. Journal of Neuroscience, 2006
- "Invasion and killing of human endothelial cells by viridans group streptococci" Stinson et al. Infection & Immunity, 2003
- "Differential secretion of cytokines and adhesion molecules by HUVEC stimulated with low concentrations of bleomycin" Miyamoto et al. Elsevier, 2002
- "Analysis of Biological Effects and Signaling Properties of Flt-` (VEGFR-1) and KDR (VEGFR-2)" Gille et al. J Biological Chemistry, 2000
- "Chemokine Receptors in Human Endothelial Cells" Gupta et al. J Biological Chemistry, 1998.
- "Neutrophil platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 participates in neutrophil recruitment at inflammatory sites and is down-regulated after leukocyte extravasation" Christofidou-Solomidou et al. Journal of Immunology, 1997
- "Inhibition of selectin-dependent tumor cell adhesion to endothelial cells and platelets by blocking O-glycosylation of these cells" Kojima et al. Elsevier, 1992
- "Endothelial cell growth on oxygen-containing films deposited by radio-frequency plasmas: the role of surface carbonyl groups" Ertel et al. Journal of Biomaterials Science, 1992
Cell Systems cells are available for in vitro research purposes only and may not be transferred out of the direct control of the recipient Institution/Agency/Organization. Cell Systems cells may not be genetically altered in any way without prior written permission from Cell Systems. Use of Cell Systems materials (evidenced by placement of any order for product) constitutes knowledge, understanding and binding acceptance of these restrictions on behalf of the recipient Institution/Agency/Organization.
Cell Systems was created to further the knowledge of eukaryotic cell biology through laboratory research, publications and teaching. Cell Systems provides cells and cell culture products to other research entities - public and private.