Primary Human Glomerular Mesangial Cells (ACBRI 127) - Cell Systems
Primary Human Glomerular Mesangial Cells (ACBRI 127) were initiated by elutriation of dispase dissociated decapsulated glomeruli isolated from normal human cortical kidney tissue.
These cells were originated using Cell Systems Complete Serum-Free Medium (SF-4Z0-500), and subsequently grown and passaged in Cell Systems Complete Medium (4Z0-500). They are available at Passage 3 [< 12 cumulative population doublings] cryopreserved in Cell Systems Cell Freezing Medium™ (4Z0-705). This vial will initiate a Passage 4 cell culture in a 75cm² flask.
In addition to cryopreserved vials, these cells also are available in 25cm² and 75cm² proliferating cell culture flasks (US domestic market only).
Each vial of cells is shipped with vials of Bac-Off® (antibiotic) and CultureBoost™ (animal derived growth factors) or CultureBoost-R™ (human recombinant growth factors) at no additional cost.
These cells are qualified for use with:
|HIV Serologic Test (donor level HIV AB EIA)||Negative|
|HIV PCR Test (frozen cell pool by CLIA Licensed Clinical Lab)||Negative|
|Hepatitis B (HBV) PCR Test (frozen cells)||Negative|
|Hepatitis C (HCV) PCR Test (frozen cells)||Negative|
|Mycoplasma spp. (frozen cells) (ATCC method by CLIA Licensed Clinical Lab)||Negative|
|Inducible expression of CD 62E (E-Selectin)||< 2% positive by immunofluorescence|
|Cytoplasmic Vimentin Intermediate Filaments||> 98% positive by immunofluorescence|
|Cytoplasmic Alpha-Actinin Microfilaments||> 98% positive by immunofluorescence|
> 98% positive by immunofluorescence
- "Cell Surface Protein Disulfide Isomerase Regulates Natriuretic Peptide Generation of Cyclic Guanosine Monophosphate" Pan et al. PLoS One, 2014.
- "The combined role of galactose-deficient IgA1and streptococcal IgA-binding M protein in inducing IL-6 and C3 secretion from human mesangial cells: implications for IgA nephropathy" Schmitt et al. J Immunology, 2014.
- "Promoter methylation confers kidney-specific expression of the Klotho gene" Azuma et al. FASEB J, 2012.
- "Nicotine worsens the severity of nephropathy in diabetic mice: implications for the progression of kidney disease in smokers" Hua et al. Renal Physiology, 2010.
- "Nicotine: the link between cigarette smoking and the progression of renal injury?". Jaimes et al. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol, 2007.
- "Blocking of α5 integrin stimulates production of TGF-β and PAI-1 by human mesangial cells" Matsumoto et al. Elsevier, 2003
Cell Systems cells are available for in vitro research purposes only and may not be transferred out of the direct control of the recipient Institution/Agency/Organization. Cell Systems cells may not be genetically altered in any way without prior written permission from Cell Systems. Use of Cell Systems materials (evidenced by placement of any order for product) constitutes knowledge, understanding and binding acceptance of these restrictions on behalf of the recipient Institution/Agency/Organization.
Cell Systems was created to further the knowledge of eukaryotic cell biology through laboratory research, publications and teaching. Cell Systems provides cells and cell culture products to other research entities - public and private.